Close Menu
  • HOME
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Features
  • Security
  • Foreign News
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • “APC Blasts Kayode Ojo, Says ‘You Can’t Hijack the Ticket of a Party You Don’t Respect’
  • Baltasar Engonga, Sentenced To 8 Years Imprisonment For Embezzlement
  • Oyo Debunks Rumoured Closure of Bola Ige Int’l Business Complex
  • President Tinubu Urges Nigerians In Diaspora Not To Stay Away From Home, Says Nigeria Is On The Rise Again
  • President Tinubu Expands Healthcare Access with Subsidized Dialysis
  • 2027 House Of Reps Hopeful, Ademola Agoro Installed As Patron, Osun NYCN ..calls for meaningful empowerment The National Youth Council of Nigeria, Osun State, on Saturday installed the Managing Director, Protogy Global, Engr Ademola Isaac Agoro as Patron. This was at the 2025 International Youth Day celebration in Osogbo with the theme “Youth Advancing Multilateral Cooperation through Technology and Partnership.” In his keynote, Engr. Agoro explained that youth empowerment must be seen as a strategic investment in Osun’s future. He called for the establishment of technology and innovation hubs, a Youth Development Fund, and stronger youth–industry partnerships. Engr. Agoro expressed deep gratitude for the honor and pledged to further champion youth causes in the state: “This investiture is not just a personal recognition; it is a call to greater service. I dedicate this honor to the vibrant young people of Osun State, whose resilience and creativity continue to inspire us all. “As Patron of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, Osun State Chapter, I will work closely with government, industry, and development partners to open more doors of opportunity for our youth. Together, we will ensure that the dreams of Osun youth translate into tangible achievements that uplift our state and our nation.” In his goodwill message, Hon. Olagunju Moshood Olalekan, Commissioner for Youth Affairs, reaffirmed the government’s commitment to youth-focused policies, praising their resilience and innovation. Oba (Dr.) Michael Odunayo Àjàyí, the Elerinmo of Erinmo-Ijesha, urged young people to blend innovation with discipline, while upholding cultural values as the bedrock of sustainable progress. Captains of industry at the event pledged stronger support for youth-led ventures through mentorship, funding, and partnerships. The celebration concluded with optimism and renewed commitment, as stakeholders affirmed that Osun youth are not just beneficiaries of development but active leaders and partners in building a prosperous future for the state and Nigeria at large. The high-profile event was graced by His Royal Majesty, Oba (Dr.) Michael Odunayo Àjàyí (Arowotawaya II), the Elerinmo of Erinmo-Ijesha Kingdom, the Honourable Commissioner for Youth Affairs, Osun State, Hon. Olagunju Moshood Olalekan, other distinguished royal fathers, top government officials, and captains of industry.
  • Family Holds Special Fidau Prayer For Late Alhaja Sikiratu Aina
  • Oyo APC Warns Makinde Over Using Akinremi’s Name to Cover up Trans Amusement Park Land Scam
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Nigerian Alert
  • HOME
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Features
  • Security
  • Foreign News
Nigerian Alert
Home » 100 Patients Benefit From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention Programme In Two Days

100 Patients Benefit From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention Programme In Two Days

Lekan Shobo ShobowaleBy Lekan Shobo ShobowaleFebruary 29, 20244 Mins Read
WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email Telegram LinkedIn
Share
WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email LinkedIn Telegram
Top Ads ..

100 Patients Benefit From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention Programme In Two Days

No fewer than 100 people have so far benefited from the ongoing Free Surgical Intervention Programme initiated by the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun.

The programme kicked off on Monday with the registration of patients, while surgical operations started in earnest on Tuesday.

The surgical procedures are taking place across the six State Hospitals and the 40 General Hospitals across the state.

The breakdown showed that 36 surgical procedures have been carried out at State Hospital, Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode (22), Ilaro (6), and Ifo (4).

At the General Hospitals, two procedures have been carried out at Odeda, Owode-Egba (4), Ikenne (5), Iperu (3) and Imeko (6). The Olikoye Ransome Kuti Memorial Hospital, Asero, Abeokuta has witnessed one procedure.

Speaking on the progress of the programme at the State Hospital, Ijaye, Abeokuta, the Chief Medical Director, Dr. Bababunmi Osinaike, said the intervention programme has been seamless as 491 people have been registered at the hospital, while 36 patients have been operated upon.

He said: “As of this morning (Wednesday), we have registered about 491 enrollees. They are screened by health practitioners and they also decide those that are eligible and fit for surgery. We commenced surgery yesterday and we have carried out 36 surgeries so far.

“Out of the 36, we had 13 general surgery cases, one orthopedic, and 22 Ophthalmic surgeries. The general surgery cases range from hernia, undescended testicles, excision of breast lump, lipomas, among others.”

The CMD, said 40 patients have been booked for operation out of which 17 would go for general surgery, and 23 for eye operation, adding that some gynaecology cases like fibroid and thyroid, would be attended to on Thursday.

Head of Clinical Services, the unit carrying out the surgical operations, Dr. Samuel Tolulope, said though the free surgery programme has attracted a huge turnout of patients, it has been hitch-free with no death recorded.

Mr. Owolabi Soletire, a resident of Abeokuta who was operated on lumps in the hand, elbow, and head said: As soon as I saw the advert on the Net, I quickly ran down to the State Hospital, met with nurses and doctors who registered, carry out the necessary tests on me free of charge and today, they successfully carried out the operation. I want to appreciate God and our amiable governor for this free surgery.”

Also, Mr. Sunday Alayade, who was operated on hernia, thanked the governor for allowing him to benefit from the programme, saying with the operation done, his health would return to normal.

At the State Hospital Ijebu-Ode, a total of 23 surgical procedures have been successfully completed.

The Medical Director of the Hospital, Dr. Banjo Adeoye, who made this known in an interview, said the procedures would continue till the 31st of March, 2024.

“The surgeries we did today were for those that came and registered yesterday and we carried out 11 surgeries.

“For today, we have 12 surgical procedures and it is still going on at the Theatre as at this moment,” he said.

Dr Banjo thanked Governor Dapo Abiodun for the opportunity given to the less privileged to have access to free health care, saying that the hospital is fully prepared to ensure that all registered beneficiaries are attended to.

“So far, it has been smooth. We have no major challenges. It is just that day by day, the number of people registering keeps going up.

“As of yesterday (Tuesday), we had 206 registered beneficiaries and at this moment (Wednesday), we have recorded about 230 beneficiaries for various surgical procedures,” he said.

Mrs. Arinola Adenuga, whose 6 years old son was operated on at the hospital, expressed her happiness at the opportunity given to them by Governor Abiodun, saying that the burden of raising funds for the well-being of her son had been taken care of by the programme.

Also, 20-year-old Okuwobi Ayomide, 18-year-old Onaleye Solomon, and 13-year-old Olusola Abdulquazeem, who had Hernia operations at the hospital, thanked Governor Abiodun for the generosity extended to them.

Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Email LinkedIn
Previous ArticleHigh Cost Of Governance: FG Sets To Implement Orosanye Report
Next Article Tinubu Pays Condolence Visit To Owo ..Olowo commends Governor Aiyedatiwa for giving late Akeredolu a befitting state burial

Related Posts

Baltasar Engonga, Sentenced To 8 Years Imprisonment For Embezzlement

August 27, 2025

Oyo Debunks Rumoured Closure of Bola Ige Int’l Business Complex

August 24, 2025

President Tinubu Urges Nigerians In Diaspora Not To Stay Away From Home, Says Nigeria Is On The Rise Again

August 21, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Ads
Ads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
© 2025 Nigerian Alert. Designed by Samtech Media.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.