SAD! SEE 10 NOLLYWOOD MARRIAGES THAT CRASHED IN THE LAST 7 MONTHS…nos 1, 4 & 9 Are Most Painful
All over the world, celebrity marriages are put under intense scrutiny. Because they are like gold fish, there is practically no hiding place for these celebs and their marriage. When they have a little argument between them, it is reported. When a shouting match is going on inside their home, somebody is putting it out there for the world to read. And when the marriage finally packs up, some grieve with them, while others simply sneer at them and move on to the next celeb, believing its no skin off their nose if their marriage crashes or not. Naija celebrity marriages have also come under scrutiny lately. The rate at which they pack up is quite scary. In the last couple of years, it’s been pretty rough for a large number of celebrity marriages, especially within the Nollywood sector and 2019 has not been an exception. At the last count, over 15 marriages have reportedly crashed, with both parties often times agreeing they should both keep sealed lips about it so they can protect the children the marriage produced. Here is a list of ten Nollywood marriages that packed up in the last seven months .
1. One of the crashed marriages that shocked many is that of talented actor, Chukwujekwu Blossom and wife, Maureen Esisi. Both fans of the couple and family members were stunned when confirmed reports began to emerge that the couple have parted ways and are now living in separate houses. Shockingly, there were unconfirmed reports that Ubi Franklin’s ex -wife was pregnant for the actor. Blossom and Maureen’s marriage lasted for 3 years before it crashed. It’s a shame this marriage couldn’t stand the test of time, everyone these two were a perfect match.
2. Actor, Ken Erics’ failed marriage came as a rude shock to many too. The rumour making the rounds at the time was that Ken Erics’ marriage ended over alleged discovery of a secret love child. Many couldn’t believe it. Ken and his wife, Onyi Adaba were really loved by fans and followers of the movie industry. After the news broke, the wife, Onyi, commented on Instagram that the actor had moved out of their matrimonial house over 12 months ago. It was reported that the actor left his home when he realised that his wife had a love child she kept hidden from him. Not only did the wife deny this allegation, she went on to stun everyone when she revealed that she discovered her husband, Ken Erics, was gay! The couple got married in Enugu on December 28, 2017, and it hit the rocks in 2019.
3. Earlier in the year, actress Queen Wokoma’s one year old marriage crashed. The actress was married to a River State politician, Prince Kalade Allison. The politician announced the end of his marriage to the Ini Edo look alike actress through a post on his Instagram handle. According to him, “there is always an end to everything and this is the end for us. It’s best we go our separate ways and please no bashing for the sake of our innocent son, I believe this is the best decision. Peace is priceless and no man wants to die before his time. I am by this notice formally letting the general public know that Queen Wokoma is no longer my wife, pending our final annulment (divorce). I wish her and whoever she intends to spend the rest of her life with the best in the future”.
4. Popular actor, Mofe Duncan, was not left out of the marriage crash saga, as his 3 years old marriage to Jessica Kakkad reportedly crashed as well. His estranged wife, Jessica, had told a fan on Instagram that she was no longer married. Some of her fans had wondered how they were able to keep the collapse of their marriage a secret. The couple tied the nuptial knot in 2015 in a very beautiful ceremony, which was attended by all the big names in the entertainment industry.
5. Popular Yoruba actor, Tayo Bernard (Baba Tee)’s wife reportedly quit their marriage after the actor impregnated another woman.
The break-up was confirmed by Baba Tee’s wife, Dupe Odulate, through a message on her Instagram page to celebrate her birthday. She’d said, “dear Lord, condemn those that condemn me secretly and openly. Walk in my shoes, know what I go through before you judge me. I apologise to those that I have offended because of this guy. Now, I understand better, life goes on, I cannot come and die. Be a man and say the truth”. Baba Tee’s marriage to Dupe was his second, as he was initially married to Yetunde Oduwole. He left her for Dupe in 2015 and the second marriage lasted for 3 years and was blessed with a son.
6. Before the end of last year, rumours had been making the rounds that Yvonne Jegede and actor husband Olakunle Fawole’s marriage was in trouble. In 2019, the actress finally confirmed that her one-year-old marriage to Olakunle Fawole had crashed, saying she quit the marriage three months after she got pregnant with her son. According to her, “we started having issues before the birth of Xavier, I think I was about two to three months pregnant when the issues came. Immediately the issues came, there was never a dull moment, it just kept going up and up and it got worse and today here we are”. She also added that when the issue became very obvious, she moved out of their matrimonial home after a mutual agreement. It was reported that the issue allegedly stemmed from the paternity of the child.
7. Yoruba actress, Ayonimofe Onibiyo (Aolat)’s, 12 years old marriage also crashed. She also revealed the truth behind the marriage crash in an interview. But she denied that the marriage crashed based on infidelity as speculated. According to her “yes, the marriage has packed up. My inability to conceive on time was the main reason we parted ways and he understands. My estranged husband is a good man. He is the one who made me to be what I am today and I respect him for that”. The marriage lasted for 10 years. After the first child, the couple waited for 7 years before they both parted ways.
8. Another marriage crash many didn’t see coming was that of hardworking actor, IK Ogbonna and wife, Sonia Morales. They also officially ended their 3 year old marriage in 2019. The couple tied the nuptial knot in 2015, and the marriage crashed in 2019. Before the marriage crashed, there had been stories making rounds about a possible trouble in Paradise. The union was blessed with a son.
9. This is the one that probably shocked and pained many people the most. Gbenro Ajibade and Osas Ighodaro, without a doubt, were one of the most admired couples in the entertainment industry. Their match was like one made in heaven, it came as a rude shock, few months ago when actor Gbenro Ajibade called out his wife on social media questioning how she raised their only child, Azariah, neglecting her and dropping her with the maid to cater for. Nobody thought much of this, thinking it was just a moment of anger that will fade away. But things only got worse. As we write this, the gorgeous looking actress has removed Gbenro’s surname from her page, while Gbenro has also unfollowed her on Instagram and now Gbenro is living in the U.S. with their daughters, while Osas is in Nigeria.
10. Popular Yoruba actor, Yomi Gold’s marriage was reported to be in serious trouble. The dashing looking actor is said to be in love with a younger lady, Ameenat, whom he takes around to parties, and lots of their pictures have gone viral. Meanwhile, Yomi’s wife, Vicki, did not finding the latest development funny as she rained curses on Ameenat on Instagram, who, according to her, stole her man, Yomi Gold. Trust Naija babe, the mistress, Ameenat, is equally not taking the insults lightly. She also attacked Vicki, accusing her of having mental issues, which made Yomi Gold to dump her.