The chairman for Oyo State chapter Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON) Price Abass Aleshinloye has urged the citizens of Oyo State to be informed on issues of corona virus ravaging the state.
Prince Abass adviced the people of the state to ensure compliance in other to curb the spread of the deadly virus in the State.
In a statement issued to journalist by the ALGON Chairman Prince Aleshinloye, he said
“this is a trying period in the history of the world the pandemic, COROVID-19 has threatened the public health and adversely affected the global economy and we all have roles to play in containing it.”
Aleshinloye said sensitisation on the precaution on the virus in the state will prevent its spread.
He advised the people at grassroots level not to panic and stay away from untrue information in other not to add more damage to our health before getting it cure.
The ALGON chairman urge the people of the peace Setter state to adhere to the following measures to stay protected and safe
* Wash your hands frequently with soap under running water or use alcohol based sanitizer if water is not available.
* Cover your mouth and nose properly with a tissue paper when sneezing and/or coughing. Dispose of the tissue properly immediately after use.
* Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as
coughing and sneezing.
* Avoid crowded places/gatherings.
* Stay at home if you feel unwell .
* If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing,seek medical care early.
* Stay aware of the latest information from WHO and appropriate authorities.
He also commend President Muhammadu Buhari’s for the actions taken in combating the deadly Coronavirus codenamed (COVID-19)
The chairman re-assured Nigerians that the Buhari administration, under the under the umbrella of All Progressive Congress (APC) through the Federal Ministry of Health will continue to take proactive measures to ensure an outbreak in Nigeria is controlled and contained quickly.
He also said that prevention is better than cure and we will come out of it stronger as I believe this will be over in no time.